Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thursday Thoughts...on Losing It!



Dear Zarah,

Warm greetings from the Philippines!

I am now working at HELP Learning Center as assistant to the mediator. I started last Monday (Jan 14, 2013). My job includes: filing documents for clients (special cases with disabilities), updating old documents, reminding the mediator of things that need to be done, encoding and working hand-in-hand with the mediator and junior mediators of this institution. I get supervision from a PWD (he is using a wheelchair) and one other person who works here, too. The work is really masakit lang sa likod. And I get to use a laptop for documentation purposes. The fact that HELP has wifi is always a good thing.

My post for Losing It! will include all the foods that I have eaten last Tuesday (Jan 15), Wednesday (Jan 16) and today (Jan 17). So here goes my list: Tuesday: breakfast was 2 slices of bread and coffee (instant with creamy vanilla creamer), lunch was a cup of rice with viands of lumpiang shanghai and ginisang mungo; dinner was a serving of macaroni with gourmet sauce. Wednesday: I had the usual bread slices (2) and coffee. Lunch was a cup of rice and kandinga or bopis. Dinner was a Jollibee delivery of crispy pork steak and rice. Today, January 17, I had spaghetti for breakfast, with a cup of coffee. Lunch was a cup of rice with pinakbet. During the past 3 days, my snacks included: a serving of pansit and siopao (Jan 15), a slice of butter cake (Jan 16) and for today, Jan 17, I did not have my usual snacks. For dinner tonight, I shared a cup of java rice with mom, had a slice of barbeque and some macaroni salad. Plus a small serving of double dutch ice cream for dessert.

I am hoping that this series on purposeful consumption of food will be for the long haul.

I am also trying to limit my intake of soft drinks and other carbonated juices. Although I can’t seem to stay away from instant coffee for the usual perk-me-up in the mornings and the much-sought-after buzz at night, Much as I love coffee, I am trying to stay within the limits of 2 cups per day. 

So, these will be for now. Catch you online tonight! Take care, always.

Sincerely,
Samantah

0 comments:

 
;