Monday, January 21, 2013

Monday Mellow Yellows: Blooming

I feel awful for not blogging last week. I think the raging hormones got hold of me and kept me from doing what I was supposed to be doing last week. 

Anyways, I heard from the grapevine that the hosting of Mellow Yellow Monday meme has changed hands. It is now known as the Monday Mellow Yellows hosted by Gemma. I want to take this opportunity to join this weekly photo meme from now on as I could not keep up with the other memes. Perhaps my partner-in-crime, Sam, will take care of the other memes while I take charge of those relating to photos? Whatchathink, Sam? :D 

Anyways, here's our first entry: 

A tiny ampalaya (bitter gourd) on its infancy stage.
Some two years ago, I met my Thai friend and over dinner we talked about her buying a small piece of land in her hometown in rural Thailand. Now, two years later, a traditional Thai house is already built and not only that, she is growing her own food. She has a nice vegetable garden and keeps several ducks and chickens. I think that's one of the reasons why I got into gardening. Since December last year, I have already picked nearly a dozen ampalayas from this plant, and yet, a lot more flowers are blooming.

4 comments:

Liz said...

It's so pretty. Have a fabulous week!

Liz (mlc)
Liz (yacb)

Gemma Wiseman said...

Welcome to Monday Mellow Yellows! Great to see you linking up!
Love this fragile flower! Delicate beauty!

Chubskulit Rose said...


So pretty!

Hopping from Mellow Yellow.
Some Yellows in Children in Costume

Unknown said...

ampalaya is still one vegetable i couldn't take. i feel like a 6-year old every time we have ampalaya on the table--my mother keeps on pushing me to eat it! *lol*

love the photo, by the way.


Mellow Yellows

 
;