Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday Stealing: The Meme from Suburbia (ZJ's post)




Today we ripped off a blogger named Another Suburban Mom from the blog Another Suburban Mom. It is 20 questions, She says she got it from Dana. But, it was probably stolen there as well. So, of course, that will be as far as we go. Tracing back our theft's thieves might take some time. Take the time to comment on other player's posts. It's a great way to make new friends! Link back to us at Sunday Stealing!

Sunday Stealing: The Meme From Suburbia

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?
Ten years ago I was a very active advocate of environmental conservation in a country not mine. Those was the time I began travelling around Cambodia and several countries in Asia, talking about state of Cambodia's environment and what my organisation is doing to address this issue.

 2. By this time next year, I ...
... would already have an ankle-biter in tow and go on playdates.

3. Do you think the United States will elect a female President in your lifetime? Do you think this would be a good thing?
I'm not sure about answering this one because I am not an American, but from where I am from, I have seen two female presidents already. Although I cannot really say much about their performances while they were in position, I can say that it is good for the women's movement.

4. Which fictional, TV show character you would shag anytime?
Who's that sexy guy in the American TV series Spartacus? Manu Bennett?Oh yeah.

5. Who is your greatest enemy?
I, Me, and Myself. 

6. Tell me about your most recent trip of more than 100 miles?
We left very early in the morning, around 5.30am, and I was still half-awake. Naturally, I slept the whole time till we reached our destination, waking up only during the scheduled bus stops to go to the loo.

7. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?
I use both when doing my reports.

 8. Do you have a nickname? What is it?
The Sarge. I don't know why but perhaps my colleagues think I always want to be in charge.

9. What are you dreading at the moment?
That Andy Murray is going to lose this finals match to Novak Djokovic in five sets. Can you tell that I'm watching tennis now? It's the men's finals at the Australian Open, as I write this.

10. Do you worry that others will judge you from reading some of your answers?
I don't let other people tell me what I should and should not do. In the same vein that I don't let what they think of me hinder me from doing what I want to do. I like answering memes and the I don't care if they don't like what I write here.

11. If you find an outfit you love, but the size on the label is larger than you want, do you buy the outfit? Why or why not?
Of course not. Would you? I mean, it won't make sense at all. Just find another style that has your size and go buy it.

12. Even the biggest slackers are anal-retentive about something? What are you anal-retentive about?
I tend to have rituals before doing something.  I have a system for doing things inside the house or at the office and don't want anyone to do it or mess with it unless I'm away.

13. Out of all the books you read as a child, which one had the biggest influence on how you are today?
The Arabian Nights. I was fascinated with tales of the genies and traders and travelling to far-off, unimaginable places.

 14. Which Golden Girl would you want to spend a night on the town with?
Hmmmm. Maybe the feisty Estelle Getty.

15. What is the one product you would never buy in its generic form even if the generic is half the price?
Food products is all I can think of.

16. How old were you when you stopped believing in Santa?
Old enough. Maybe 9-10yo.

 17. What is the one smell that turns your stomach without fail?
The smell of something rotten and body odour, of course.

18. If someone holds out a carton of milk to you and asks you to sniff it to see if its spoiled, do you?
Yes, I do, without a second thought.

19. You have a completely free day and $2000.00, What are you doing?
That's a lot of cash to spend in one day and I'm tempted to splurge. But I made a pledge to minimise spending and live contentedly with less. I'll probably dine out with my husband, watch a movie together, and keep the rest for the rainy days.

20. What is the most used item in your home?
I think it's the computer. My husband and I have one each.

1 comments:

Mr said...

Arabian Nights is great! very good choice! And great answers too, Have a good week!

 
;