Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Losing It: Day one

Dear Sam,

I was away last Monday because of my former colleague who's visiting town (the one I told you about) asked me again to go out for lunch. Since it's her last day in Phnom Penh (and we already went out on the night she arrived), I obliged because it was her birthday and all. However, I didn't think that the lunch date would end up at 10pm! Of course, the husband wasn't too happy (who would be?).

I feel you.
Photo via GoogleImages
So you already started Losing It, eh? Hahaha. I really like our mantra, Sam. 

I'm embarrassed to say that I pigged out yesterday, from Chinese food to Khmer street food. Talking about struggling to stay away from unhealthy food and yet somehow have a way of finding me and ending up on my plate. What a day.

Anyway, I'm also keeping a note of my weight for future reference but it's off the record only, hahhaha. The figures are very embarrassing.

Let's get started, shall we? Here's a rundown of my meals today? 

For breakfast, I only had a cup of coffee with condensed milk. Local Cambodian coffee (from the northern province of Stoeung Treng) is not the same without the milk. It has to have milk. Pano na lang ang diet? Solution? Slowly wean myself off condensed milk. And everything sweet. I'm making it a goal to be off sweets  by the end of the first half of the year.

For lunch, I had about a cup of rice and a bowl of pork stew (something similar to menudo) and lots of water.

We had dinner late, as usual. Still guilty about Monday's pigging out, I made a decision to eat only a plateful of garden salad which I made myself. Lettuce, local tomatoes, cucumber, and my favourite home-made creamy-ginger-soy dressing. I was almost congratulating myself for staying away from rice when ... I reached out for a can of Pepsi in the fridge, hahaha.
Well, at least I tried.

Tomorrow is another adventure in mindful eating while keeping in mind our mantra.

May the force be with us and keep us steadfast in our commitment to lose weight and be healthy  :)

Cheerios,

ZJ


0 comments:

 
;