Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Chicken Voila!


Hi Sam,
Kumusta ang tutorial mo tonight? Did it go well?

I just want to tell you that we had a splendid dinner last Monday night, and that's courtesy of the instant herb and garlic sauce you sent me. It even saved us from an unpleasant drive out for dinner on that rainy night.

Feeling lazy, we raided the fridge and took note of the available veggies and meat for a quick-cooking meal. In the freezer, we still have chicken breast and thighs, pork chops and corned beef. In the veggies section, we still have some tomatoes, okra, carrots, lemons, potatoes, and shiitake mushrooms. Still scratching my head not knowing what to prepare, I absent-mindedly opened the cupboard and lo! packets of instant sauce mix welcomed my sight; and to the left was the burrito wraps that had been purchased not too long ago.

What I had in mind was to prepare a dish that's 1) quick, and 2) yummy at the same time. Then it hit me -- chicken burritos!!! It's such a no-fuss, really, taking me less than 30mins to prepare the dish. And it helped that R pitched in as well... Just a little dash of oil here, and a little frying there...

And look, this is the end result... ta-daaa!




Truly, finger-licking good!

Ahh, simple pleasures in life made special... :D
I can't wait to visit you in Naga and cook something together!

Love,
ZJ

0 comments:

 
;