Friday, May 6, 2011

Flowers for you!

Hi! I know I have been a bit delinquent in posting these days. It’s because I had accepted a new project but this time it is gratis. I’ve been cooped up inside the house for a time now and I thought the project would be a good excuse to get out of the house at least once a week. However, if they ask me to report more than that, then it is another story. I’m paying for a tuk-tuk ride at $3 a pop (one way) and if they’re not paying for my transpo, I’m only limiting my trips to once a week. Well, apart from the costly transpo, there is also the weather that I’m so unhappy about. It is extremely hot at daytime and I cannot be out there in the sun the whole day, no?


Anyways…

I just want to share you this photo of my favourite rose from our veranda garden. I just love this variety! It grows as  big as my hand (as you can see in the left photo) and they smell very nice, too. When the wind blows Rob and I can smell it even if we’re inside the house. Sometimes when we feel stressed from our daily routine, we just go out to our veranda and have our cup of tea there while looking at, and smelling, our flowers. Every single day there is always a newly-opened flower – I think it is better than having all the flowers bloom in one go and have nothing the following days, no?  Thanks to Rob’s green thumb, we have these lovely colourful flowers and green plants in our small veranda. I wish I have a green thumb, too. My only contribution is watering the plants, pulling out weeds and cutting off dead leaves and dried flowers. At least, I am doing something. LOL.

 

And here are more roses for you, I hope it will cheer you up! I’ve taken a photo of them not long ago, so they’re still fresh. Please excuse the lousy flower arrangement and the beer bottles as I do not possess proper vases yet. LOL.

 

roses in bottles2

1 comments:

spitfire said...

hi zarah,

thank you very much for sharing these lovely roses. much appreciated. enjoy your day!

from,
sam

 
;