Sunday, December 16, 2012

Holiday blues

It's nine days before Christmas, Sam, and I am feeling mopey and homesick. Yeah, even if I'm with Rob, I still miss celebrating Christmas at home in Roxas. Nothing really beats Christmas in the Philippines. It is not officially celebrated here so it's just a regular working day. No holiday rush, no Christmas parties, and no exchanging of gifts. On one hand, it is a good thing as I do not like getting trapped into this holiday madness. But, on the other hand, when you think about Christmas as the time for families to reunite, return to their roots, and strengthen family ties, I am sad because I miss all these.

Anyways, this is the path I chose so I have to deal with it. And so, I just make myself busy. I do crafting, photography, and re-started my childhood hobby. I sometimes find myself in the kitchen, which almost always bring me back to the smell of our kitchen in Roxas City :( I have nowhere to go, gah. Lol. I am so OA, please slap me back to reality! hahaha.

I passed by the French Embassy two weeks ago and was delighted to see that the outer wall of the embassy is now filled with colourful photographs. It's because during the month of December, Phnom Penh is hosting the month-long Phnom Penh Photo Festival. Local and foreign artists proudly display their artworks in different venues across the city. Here's the one I saw at the embassy:

Photo originally uploaded to my photo-blog.

These, photo above and below, are artworks of the Frenchman Georges Rousse.

Photo originally uploaded to my photo-blog.

I was actually in a moving car when I took these photos. Only these two came out decently! I have yet to go see the other venues; probably next week na. It's too hot to go out. 

How was your weekend, by the way?

0 comments:

 
;