Monday, July 21, 2008

Be strong, my friend

Dear Sam,
It was only last week that I had successfully downloaded YM in my laptop, thanks to the kind IT people at the British school. Imagine my surprise, shock and sadness when I learned that your father passed away. I am so sorry that the sad news has taken a long time to reach me - if not for your offline messages then I wouldn't have a clue.

Honestly, it is in situations like this that I do not know what to say to comfort you - words failed me this time. I know your world collapsed and I cannot say that I know what you are going through as I haven't lost a parent yet.

I feel like a helpless friend knowing that there is nothing I can do. I wanted to be there for you at this time of grief, give you a hug, hold your hand and just be a listening ear or a shoulder to cry on. I know this is not enough but I am writing this instead to tell you that you are in my thoughts and prayers and I share your pain. Hang in there, my friend.

0 comments:

 
;